Jr. Womenswear Buyer
- Graduate in Merchandising, Fashion designing, or equivalent
- Additional Business Management or equivalent studies would be an advantage
- Experience: Overall 3+ years’ experience as Fashion Buyer
- Gender: Female/ Male
- Languages: English (mandatory), Arabic (preferred)
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Numerical & Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of Fabrics
- Excel & MS Office skills
- Strong awareness of design
- Knowledge of Fashion Market trends
- Relationship development
- Good fashion sense
- Responsible for selecting and sourcing the right range of fabric, trims, accessories, according to required specification from Design team.
- Evaluate suppliers for the capability of supplying materials with respect to price, quality, quantity, etc.
- Search, analyze and shortlist garment manufacturers for fabric and garments and achieve the requirements of the range plan
- Negotiating quantity, price, delivery timelines and terms of the contract with vendors
- Carry out procurement process i.e. finalize order, prepare PO, finalize dispatch dates with vendors, etc.
- Get the fabrics and garment samples approved from Garment Technologist & Merchandiser, before placing any bulk order
- Plan and develop the buying strategy ensuring that designer’s specifications are followed and in line with the budget
- Perform cost analysis and its benchmark.
- Ensure the procurement is done within timelines
- Travel to different locations and convene meetings with vendors for fabric selection, negotiation and finalization
- Maintain records for processes related to procurement as per SOP’s defined
- Enter all details in the software, as and when needed, as per SOP’s
- Check for price, quality, reliability, and time for items and comparative analysis of suppliers.
- Compare suppliers on various index defined in a matrix like supplier capability, lead time, cost, quality, potential to future needs etc.to seek a reliable supplier buyer partnership.
- Identify and evaluate the logistic constraints related to procurement.
- Ensuring a proper supplier contract is prepared covering important aspects such as returns, payment terms etc.
- Follow-up with the supplier for delivery.
- Send weekly updates of buying status to Merchandiser. Merchandiser will be supporting you in your role.
- Procurement work ethics: